Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Ultimate Service

So, I decided one morning that I wanted to do something really nice for Chad since he had be working so hard at work and school. I must have felt very inspired and moved because I decided to edge and mow our lawn front and back. CRAZY! Those who truly know me, that is not my cup of tea. Some people feel relaxed and refreshed when they do yard work or work in the garden. No- I tried to find that feeling as I mowed the lawn, I never found it- I tend to get grouchy and have little patience with everything else. Nonetheless, I put on some outdoor clothes, pulled all the equipment in the backyard and was stumped. I couldn't get the lawn mower to start. (I had only mowed a lawn a handful of times in my life). My surprise was ruined as I had to ask for the assistance of Chad, which included waking him up (it was only 7 am). I found out that I forgot to prime the mower, however, I had to be given a Edger 101 lesson. I had no idea how to start it let alone use it. Chad was pretty amazed and shocked, but grately appreciative of the gesture. He even volunteered to mow for me because he knows how much I hate yard work- I said no. Through using all of our wire for the edger, mowing our jungle, and 4 hours later, I had accomplished my service project and I had a very happy husband. Was it worth it--- yeh- I love to see him happy like that. Is it on my list of projects in the future---- Uhhhhh.... NO :)

No comments: